Friday, October 26, 2007

First Snow of the Season

Well, I can add the first snow AND the first snowmobiler of the season to the calendar now. I had to take a picture of the snowmobiler after hearing the guy getting stuck on the front corner of our lawn, yanking on the handlebars and trying to get the machine back onto the road. I'd hate to tell him that there's not really not THAT much snow out there!
Don't you like that you can see GREEN plants in my rockgarden in the foreground. Hey, is that a seat made out of duct tape?

Beautiful primula in the snow:
Now that we are getting to that season of reflection and navel-gazing, I have been pondering a new camera. I certainly plan to have a new one by spring. I read two garden blogs last night that mentioned the Canon G9 digital SLR. I love Canon cameras and I am happily snapping away with my Canon PowerShot S50, 5 megapixel camera, having tried and not liked my husband's 7 megapixel Nikon Coolpix. The one I am interested in is the Canon Powershot S5 IS, an 8 megapixel camera with several manual features, while the Canon G9 is a bit more than I need.
Does anyone own and like the Canon S5 camera?

3 comments:

Carol Michel said...

I hope my first snow is still weeks away. That guy on the snow mobile looks just plain old ridiculous!

Cicero Sings said...

I can't believe that guy trying to snowmobile ... in THAT amount of snow! Good grief! And yes, the seat DOES look like it is held together with duct tape.

I'm longing for a new camera too and have my eye on the Canon G9, though it is a bit pricey.
www.dpreview.com
... just put up a review on the G9 in the last couple of days. Perhaps check out this site for the camera you are interested in. I'm going to hold out until the new year to make my purchase. Not that many things to take pics of over the winter anyway.

Good luck with your camera shopping and let us know what you decide on!

quu said...

Hey, duct tape is best thing ever :D .. well my dad fixes anything by duct tape.. *sight* :D

Your garden is so pretty :)